Pichli Redlight Se Right

I'd been frantically racking my brains for nearly 2 hours, trying to recall some good song that is not on my playlist (which has become boring after being played on loop everyday while travelling to and from college). That is when I faintly recalled a soothing track I'd heard in a short film I'd watched a while back. So I went back and trawled Youtube for the video, just to listen to the song and ended up watching the (short!) film again. Just like the first time, the film left me spellbound.



The film's title - Pichli Redlight Se Right itself was very intriguing and the film lives up to it, by starting on an equally intriguing note. The dialogues are engaging, the story simple yet brilliant at so many levels, and the performances subtle and fit in just right.  There is fine detailing throughout the film that makes it a lot more believable. The locations are relatable and the exchanges between the protagonists so real.

I love this little moment where the protagonists are sitting on the rooftop and the girl is narrating her story and the boy is listening in rapture, when the girl turns to look at him he quickly averts his gaze and takes a sip of the tea only to find it too hot! The catch here is that as I typed this out, I realized that it came across as a lot more dramatic. In the film, the emotions have an understated elegance. This is where the film stands out - in its perfect yet blink-and-you-miss-it detailing.

I loved the character of a juvenile pimp! The child actor portrays the character perfectly, surprising you with his crisp dialogue delivery, making you grin throughout his screen time and well, displaying  mastery over the tricks of his trade! 

And of course, I love the music. It is just like the movie - minimalistic and impactful. It leaves you with a sense of light thoughtfulness that lingers on.

Watch it and you'll know just what I'm talking about! :)




|

0 comments:

Post a Comment